How to use
- Remove the protective cap from the inhaler and Aerochamber.
- Shake the inhaler and insert into the hole at the back of the AeroChamber.
- Place the Aerochamber mouthpiece into your childs mouth and ask them to close lips to
ensure an effective seal.
- Ask your child to exhale then press the inhaler once at the beginning of a breath in.
- Breathe in and out through the chamber for 5 breaths keeping lips sealed around the
Aerochamber mouthpiece. If you hear a whistling sound ask your child to SLOW DOWN as it
means your child is breathing in too quickly/deeply.
- Remove the AeroChamber from your child’s mouth and remove the inhaler from the
- If a second puff is needed, wait 30 seconds and repeat steps 2-6.
- When using this method for inhaled steroids, remember to rinse the child’s mouth out with
water after treatment and/or brush their teeth.
- Remove inhaler from the AeroChamber and replace protective cap.
Looking after your Aerochamber Spacer device
Aerochamber device will need to be replaced every 12 months via the GP
- Aerochamber should be washed 1-2 times per week
- Remove the backpiece, detach front piece by twisting chamber
- Soak the parts for 15 minutes in washing up liquid and warm water
- Rinse all parts in clean water
- Dishwasher safe under the following conditions:
- Avoid heavy or other cycles that include heated dry over 158°F
- Parts must be placed in the top rack ONLY
- Secure product face up
- Use dishwasher detergent and rinse aid
- Do not boil or sterilize
- Allow to air dry completely in a vertical position
- Fit the frontpiece on the end of the chamber and twist firmly until securely locked into
- Center the alignment Feature on the backpiece with the FLOW-VU Inspiratory Flow
- Press firmly to attach
This leaflet only gives general information. You must always discuss the individual treatment of your child with the appropriate member of staff. Do not rely on this leaflet alone for information about your child’s treatment.
This information can be made available in other languages and formats if requested.