Mr. Damien Yeo MbChB FRCOphth
Consultant in Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, Liverpool since 2019.
- Completed ophthalmology training in Cardiff before being fellowship trained at Royal London Hospital and Moorfields Eye Hospital as well as Great Ormond Street Hospital, London.
- Specialist interests in paediatric cataracts, paediatric retinal conditions, retinopathy of prematurity, genetic eye disease, clinical phenotyping, rare congenital anomalies and strabismus.
- He is regularly involved in teaching and was previously a college examiner and a faculty member of the RCOphth microsurgical skills course.
- Damien has multiple publications in peer reviewed journals and has written a few book chapters. His research interests include topics on visual development, strabismus, and ophthalmic phenotyping. He has presented his research at the international level and has been an invited speaker at the Royal Society of Medicine. He led a national study looking at the epidemiology and treatment outcomes of essential infantile esotropia.
- He was part of the team that first used the PANOcam for ROP screening in the UK as well as the first to use Visisure+Lucentis injections in neonates.
- He is passionate about a sustainable future, which he strongly believes will involve tele-medicine, artificial intelligence, and digital solutions.