General Information about tooth brushing
- Teeth should be brushed twice a day: Once first thing in the morning and again in the evening before bed
- After brushing teeth, spit don’t rinse
- Use a no than more pea size amount of fluoride toothpaste
- Babies aged 0 2 years old Use a smear of fluoride toothpaste (minimum 1000ppm) Children aged 3 years + old Use a pea size amount of fluoride toothpaste, minimum of 1450ppm (adult toothpaste).
- Adults should supervise tooth brushing until their child can brush effectively alone.
- Drink Plain water or milk
- Eat sugar free snacks only.
- Do be aware of hidden sugars in food.
This leaflet only gives general information. You must always discuss the individual treatment of your child with the appropriate member of staff. Do not rely on this leaflet alone for information about your child’s treatment.
This information can be made available in other languages and formats if requested.