How to use
- Remove the protective cap from the inhaler.
- Shake the inhaler & insert the inhaler into the back of the AeroChamber.
- Apply the mask gently over the childs nose and mouth ensuring an effective
seal. The flow-vu Inspiratory indicator only moves if a good seal is created.
- Ask the child to breath out then press the inhaler once at the beginning of a slow inhalation.
- Hold the mask in place while the child breathes normally, in and out for 20 seconds.
- Wait 30 seconds and repeat steps 2-7 if necessary.
- When using this method for inhaled steroids, remember to rinse the child’s mouth out with
water after treatment and/or brush their teeth.
- Remove inhaler from the AeroChamber and replace protective cap.
Looking after your Aerochamber Spacer device
- Aerochamber device will need to be replaced every 12 months, via
- Aerochamber should be washed 1-2 times per week
- Remove the backpiece, detach front piece by twisting chamber
- Soak the parts for 15 minutes in mild solution of washing up liquid and warm water
- Rinse all parts in clean water
- Dishwasher safe under the following conditions:
✓ Avoid heavy or other cycles that include heated dry over 158°F/ 70C
✓ Parts must be placed in the top rack ONLY
✓ Secure product face up
✓ Use dishwasher detergent and rinse aid
✓ Do not boil or sterilize
- Allow to air dry completely in a vertical position
- Fit the frontpiece on the end of the chamber and twist firmly until securely
locked into posititon
- Center the alignment Feature on the backpiece with the FLOW-VU
Inspiratory Flow Indicator. Press firmly to attach
This leaflet only gives general information. You must always discuss the individual treatment of your child with the appropriate member of staff. Do not rely on this leaflet alone for information about your child’s treatment.
This information can be made available in other languages and formats if requested.