How to use
- Unscrew & lift off the cover.
- Hold turbohaler upright & twist the grip then twist it back again as far as it will go. You
should hear a click.
- Breathe out gently away from the device; put the mouthpiece in your mouth between the
lips & teeth, sealing your lips around the mouthpiece. Breathe in as deeply as possible
through the mouthpiece. Even when a full dose is taken there may be no taste.
- Remove the turbohaler from your mouth & hold breath for 10 seconds. Breathe out slowly.
(Do not breathe out into the turbohaler).
- For a second dose repeat steps 2 – 4.
- When using this method for steroid inhalers remember to rinse the mouth out after treatment
with water and/or brush teeth.
- Replace cover.
- Keep a check on the counter and order a new prescription when you have around 20 doses
left. When the counter reads 0 the inhaler is empty even if it sounds like there is powder
inside. Empty inhalers can be returned to your pharmacy.
- Your turbohaler mouthpiece can be cleaned with a dry cloth/ tissue if needed
This leaflet only gives general information. You must always discuss the individual treatment of your child with the appropriate member of staff. Do not rely on this leaflet alone for information about your child’s treatment.
This information can be made available in other languages and formats if requested.