We encourage parents of children with toothache to see their own dentist, visit the Liverpool Dental Hospital, or find their local community dental service, which may provide an out-of-hours service.
We run a 24 hour on-call service for children who have suffered trauma or have serious abscesses, plus a range of care and treatment including:
- A full range of fillings, extractions, advanced surgical procedures, and dentures for children
- Emergency cases when children visit the Emergency Department
- Children with disabilities or complex needs
- Children who are anxious about treatment
- Under local or general anaesthetic when required
Resources for parents and children
Please call us on 0151 252 5563.
If you have an appointment you need to rearrange or cancel, please contact our Appointment Centre.
Information for professionals
We are primarily a tertiary referral centre for children with complex medical, behavioural, or learning problems. The most frequent referrals include:
- Trauma—both soft tissue and dental/alveolar
- Infections—including children with severe facial swellings which may cause respiratory issues
- Children with dental decay who require multiple extractions who require hospital admission. These are usually children who need 6 or more teeth extracting, below 3 years of age or have weight issues either too low or too high
- Routine Dentistry is provided for our patients, both on an outpatient and inpatient basis
- General anaesthesia is available for those children who are unable to accept treatment whilst awake; they are usually children with special needs
We liaise closely with our medical colleagues and all treatment is carried out after consultation. If inpatient care is needed, then this will be arranged accordingly.