The Audiology team at Alder Hey provide numerous services to investigate, diagnose and treat hearing conditions.
As well as aiming to provide an excellent service to families, we are available to offer advice and reassurance when it is needed, as well as help and support for patients coming to terms with hearing loss.
- Supply, fit and repair hearing aids
- Provide audiovestibular medicine services to investigate, diagnose and treat hearing loss or balance problems, led by consultant audiovestibular clinicians
- Provide newborn hearing screening services led by senior audiologists
The Audiology team is available Monday to Thursday 9am to 4.30pm, and on Fridays 9am to 4.30pm. Please note we are closed between 12.30pm and 1pm.
If you have an appointment you need to rearrange or cancel, please contact our Appointment Centre.
Contacts in the Merseyside area
Education Support Services
- Liverpool: Judith Wilson Tel: 0151 225 6264
- Sefton: Daphne Mortimer Tel: 01704 882 850
Merseyside Society for Deaf People
- Tel: 0151 228 0888 (Voice and Minicom)
- Fax: 0151 228 4872
Liverpool Deaf Children’s Society
- Tel: 0151 280 7204
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Speech and Language Therapy
- Liverpool: Tel: 0151 300 8050
- Sefton: Tel: 0151 521 4000
Please contact the Alder Hey Audiology team for details of your local Children’s Hearing Services Working Group.