Alder Hey in the Park | Alder Hey Children's Hospital

Show Menu

Freedom of Information

Freedom of Information (FOI) requests must be made in writing and include your name and address. Try to include as much information as possible and send your request to:

Information Governance Coordinator
Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
Eaton Road
L12 2AP.

Alternatively, please email

If you require personal information about yourself or an individual for whom you are a carer, parent or guardian you’ll need to make a Subject Access Request.

What happens next?

  • We will acknowledge receipt of your request within two working days
  • We will endeavour to provide the information you have requested within 20 working days of receipt of your request
  • We will notify you as soon as possible if we find we are unable to provide the information within 20 working days
  • We may ask you to provide us with more information to help us locate the information you have requested
  • We will notify you if any information you have requested cannot be provided. If this happens we will explain to you why this information has been withheld and notify you of the advice and guidance to applicants’ process.

Will there be any charges?

The Trust will generally not charge for information it has chosen to publish through its Publication Scheme. You may be asked to pay a small amount for hard copies, multiple copies or copying onto media, such as a CD-ROM.


On some occasions, we will not be able to disclose information because it is covered by an exemption under the Act. If this happens, we will explain the reason why and provide you with advice and guidance; for example, we may ask you to restructure your request for similar information that is available.

In line with section 12 of the Act, if the Trust thinks it will cost more than £450 to find information and prepare it for release, then we are able to turn down a request. If this is the case, you will be informed and we will provide you with advice and guidance; for example, we may ask you to reduce the amount of information you are requesting.

Complaints and right of appeal

If you are unhappy with the outcome of your request or with the way the Trust has handled your request, you can seek to resolve this through the complaints or appeals process. Any complaints or requests for appeals should be directed in the first instance to the Information Governance Co-ordinator at the address at the top of the page.

All complaints will be dealt with in accordance with the local resolution stage of the Trust’s Complaints Policy & Procedure. If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint or appeal, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at the following address:

The Information Commissioner
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Cheshire SK9 5AF

This site uses cookies to enhance your experience. Find out more about our cookies Accept cookies