Contact Us | Press Office | About Us | Vaccines | International | Our Charity
Audiology is a speciality in medicine which provides diagnosis, management and rehabilitation of hearing and balance disorders. At Alder Hey we provide services for children ranging from new-born babies right up to the age of 18 across the Liverpool, Southport and West Lancashire areas. As well as aiming to provide an excellent service to families, we are available to offer advice and reassurance when it is needed, as well as help and support for patients coming to terms with hearing loss. In audiology we work with the Ear, Nose and throat department closely in order to give the most integrated service we can.
We provide a range of services for both hearing and balance which includes:
• National Hearing Screening Programme hearing assessments for new born children.
• Behavioural hearing assessments for children ranging from 8 months to 18 years.
• The fitting and maintenance of digital hearing aids.
• The fitting and maintenance of Bone Conduction hearing aids.
• Consultant led audiovestibular medicine services to test, diagnose and treat hearing loss.
• Vestibular testing and rehabilitation.
• The support of children with a temporary hearing loss.
At Alder hey we provide paediatric hearing assessment for Liverpool, Southport and West Lancashire. As part of this service we travel to clinics offsite in order to make our services convenient for our patients.
Our main base is within Alder Hey Children’s hospital on the 2nd floor of the outpatient’s department. To check into our appointments please seek Waiting Room 1.2.
Our Outreach clinics include:
• South Liverpool NHS treatment centre, Garston, L19 2LW
• Yew Tree Medical Centre, L14 4ED
• May Logan Centre, Bootle, L20 5DQ
• Southport Centre for Health and Wellbeing, 44-46 Hoghton Street, PR9 0PQ
For Referral to audiology please seek a referral from your GP, Health Visitor, Community Nursery Nurse or school Nurse.
Our team consists of two Audiovestibular consultants, Audiologists, audiometricians, a Specialist Audiology Nurse and admin staff. We are friendly and supportive department. We strive for perfection in our service and will always try to go that extra mile in order to support our patients. Please seek our ‘Meet the team’ link for more information regarding our clinical staff.
For hearing aid malfunctions, basic servicing or to enquire about batteries please get in contact with our department using our direct phone line or alternatively, you can email our department where our emails are checked every weekday. Batteries can be arranged to be posted out to your home address. Our phone line services are available from 8:30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday.
Telephone number: 0151 252 5933/43
Please contact the Alder Hey Audiology team for details of your local Children’s Hearing Services Working Group.
Alder Hey Children's Charity