The inpatient wards at Alder Hey in the Park are on levels three and four – you can find them easily by taking the lift from the atrium.
If your child is being admitted for Cardiac, Neuro or ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat) surgery, there’s some extra information for you to read.
Wards at Alder Hey in the Park
Alder Hey in the Park has been designed to be inviting, warm, happy, calming and educational. Wards in our new hospital have lots of space and patients are able to enjoy privacy and dignity.
75% of patients will have their own bedroom with en-suite facilities and views of the park wherever possible.
Bedrooms have been designed to make patients feel at home and patients are able to control the light and temperature in their room.
What you need to know
- Make sure to check what your visiting hours are before you leave – these may vary from ward to ward
- Each room has a special parent bed so one parent or carer can stay overnight
- Play decks are located at the end of each ward, allowing patients and families to enjoy fresh air and outdoor space with great park views
- There is limited space for storage on the wards. It is a good idea to only bring one small hand baggage sized bag
- Each floor has its own chef (our Oncology unit has its own chef). Patients will be able to choose from a varied menu and have their meals freshly prepared, when they want to eat them
- For parents, carers and visitors, hot and cold food is available from the atrium. Drink making facilities are available on each ward