Visits for minor surgical procedures are often carried out within a day. If your child needs day case surgery we’ll tell you at your appointment and explain what happens next.
Before your admission date you will receive a letter which contains important information that will help you prepare for the day.
What you need to know
- Please read your patient letter, which has all the important information you need before the day
- You should get a reminder call from the Day Case Surgery team 72 hours before your appointment. If you haven’t spoken to the team by this time then please call 0151 252 5455
- Check your arrival time on your patient letter. Arriving on time for your appointment will mean less time waiting
- Due to limited waiting space we suggest one parent or carer accompanies their child to the appointment
- You can bring some home comforts like your phone and favourite toy but please don’t bring anything larger than a small bag
We’re here to help
If you don’t understand something or have a question then please call 0151 252 5455.
Painbusting – feeling sick or sore after an operation
It’s important for us to be able to help children manage any pain or discomfort after their procedure and we encourage children to tell us if they don’t feel well when they wake up. As part of preparing your child for an operation, why not download and read Painbusters, our cartoon guide designed for the whole family.