Getting to Alder Hey
Alder Hey is in the West Derby area of Liverpool, a five-minute drive from the M62 and easily accessible by public transport.
You can use Google Maps for directions to Alder Hey.
Finding us and parking
- The Emergency Department entrance is on Eaton Road (L12 2AP on sat navs)
- Enter the hospital site from Eaton Road entrance. If you arriving by car, use the drop-off facilities outside the Emergency Department or use theshort stay car park
- The main entrance and car park is on East Prescot Road (L14 5AB on sat navs)
- Enter the hospital site from East Prescot Road. If you are arriving by car, use the drop-off facilities outside the entrance or use the multi-storey car park, which has its own entrance to the hospital.
The Emergency Department is also accessible from the East Prescot Road and multi-storey car park entrances by walking through the hospital atrium.
Parking costs £2 per visit, and £2 every four hours in the Emergency Department short-stay car park.
If you have used the multi-storey car park please pay at the machines (cash only) in the atrium before returning to your car. If you have used the short-stay car park outside the Emergency Department there is a pay and display machine.
If you are a regular visitor to Alder Hey, you can purchase a discounted multi-visit ticket at the cash office there are two options:
- 10 consecutive day pass | £10 for car parking plus £5 deposit for the pass, refunded when the pass is returned to the cash office
- 30 consecutive day pass | £30 for car parking plus £5 deposit for the pass, refunded when the pass is returned to the cash office
Information for visitors with Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles
To avoid issues with accessing the multi-storey car park, please use the Eaton Road entrance and park large wheelchair accessible vehicles in the Emergency Department car park.
Information for Blue Badge holders
There are dedicated car parking spaces for Blue Badge holders on each floor of the multi-storey car park. Please ensure a Blue Badge is displayed when parking in a dedicated Blue Badge bay.
Getting the bus
Various bus services stop within a short walk of the hospital. To ensure you are getting the latest information on services we recommend using a Merseytravel timetable to plan your route.
Please be aware – Alder Hey is a no smoking site
Alder Hey in the Park is a no smoking site, that means you can’t smoke anywhere – inside and outside.
If you want to smoke you have to leave the Alder Hey campus completely and go to the public roads. If you do smoke on site you will be asked to stop.
If you are a smoker please prepare yourself in advance for not being able to smoke while you are with us.
Exposure to second hand smoke can have serious health consequences for young patients, families and staff and cigarette butts spoil the environment at our new hospital. We thank all our visitors in advance for not smoking on site.