Optimising Paediatric Medicine Event for Pharmacy Professionals | 9 October 2017
Alder Hey is pleased to offer a new education and networking initiative for pharmacy professionals working in hospital and community settings.
We are keen to establish the Alder Hey Optimising Paediatric Medicine education days with members from our local primary care, community teams and colleagues based in the district hospitals in the Northwest, North Wales and Isle of Man to support this initiative.
The “Alder Hey: Optimising Paediatric Medicine” days will be a key activity to further develop a “safe child” network in the North West but will also be open to other pharmacy professionals from throughout the UK. The meeting format will include:
- Clinical updates in selected therapeutic areas
- Example cases relating to medicines management and paediatric medication errors
- Tips and suggestions with regards to obtaining special medicines and paediatric formulations
- Develop network and contact links within the region
The day will be run by our expert team of specialist pharmacists from Alder Hey, and, when relevant, we will invite specialist clinicians as speakers.
- Clinical updates in the management of paediatric reflux disease and common dermatology problems
- Workshop using a number of cases aiming to tackle medication errors in paediatric prescriptions
- Advice regarding excipients in liquid formulations (including “Specials”) for children
This Course can be used for CPD entry in your portfolio and our aim is that we will create an opportunity to improve the health and wellbeing of children and families under our care.
More information and registration
Registration for this event on Monday 9 October at the Institute in the Park, Alder Hey campus, costs £75 per person and includes lunch. We are limited to 50 places so please book early to secure your place.
To book over the phone using a credit or debit card please call Sharon Goumas on 0151 252 5791 or to pay by cheque, please write to:
Institute in the Park – Education Centre
Alder Hey Children’s Hospital