Event for healthcare professionals – Mild traumatic brain injury and concussion in children: A practical approach
This study day will look at the challenges in treatment in children and teenagers with ‘Mild traumatic brain injury’ (mTBI) and ‘Concussion’.
These differ in a number of ways from the problems seen in children with Severe Traumatic Brain Injury.
This study day will equip attendees with a practical approach to providing treatment of child and young person with mTBI and Concussion.
This meeting is aimed at:
- Emergency Medicine Trainees
- General Practitioners
- Therapists and Allied Health Professionals
- Case Managers
- Lawyers and sports coaches
It will give take home messages for what can be put into practice the next day in aiding recovery in these children.
A brief outline of topics to be included:
- Treating post-concussion syndrome
- Vestibular and balance problems
- Neurosurgical aspects and brain imaging
- Advice on return to sports and school.
- Where: Institute in the Park, Alder Hey’s research, education and innovation centre.
- When: Tuesday 27 February 2018
- Cost: £125 (NHS attendee bookings before 22 December), £160 (other bookings before 22 December) or £190 (full fee).
Full course programme
The event is also on Eventbrite – click here to view
Book your ticket
- Register by email to email@example.com
- For card payments please call 0151 252 5791
- For cheque payments please make payable to Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust and send to: Sharon Goumas, Institute in the Park, Education Centre, Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool L12 2AP.