Physiotherapy - Community (South Sefton)
The South Sefton Paediatric Physiotherapy Team are a team of specialist physiotherapists and assistants with the passion, experience and commitment to achieve the best possible outcomes for all the families and children in our care.
We have years of experience and expertise in helping our families to manage neurodisability (conditions affecting children’s development). It is important to us that this, combined with our friendly and caring approach, means that you can be confident that the treatment provided is of the highest quality. All of our families are unique, each with their own challenges and aspirations. We will work with you to plan how we can best help you to achieve your goals. We’ll work together as a team, ably assisted by our support staff.
What we do
We firmly believe that physiotherapy should be patient centred. This means that your problems and the goals you want to achieve is of paramount importance to us. We want to give you the best available service as quickly as we can and at a place and times that best meets your child’s needs.
Getting the most from your treatment
We believe the first step in helping you and your child is to understand your concerns for your child . All our physios work hard to help you understand your child’s condition. Any treatments or exercises the physio uses will be clearly explained. We like questions and are always happy to explain. Our physiotherapy input is designed to produce the best possible result for our families.
Working with others
We pride ourselves on our strong working relationships with other professionals. These may be from health, education, social care or the voluntary sector. We work closely together to make life easier for you and try to ensure that services are seamless.
Beyond the symptoms (diagnosis)
All our physios perform a complete assessment that helps them to find the reasons behind your child’s developmental problems. We will then concentrate treatment on working with you to ensure that your child can have as full and active a social, family and school life as they are able.
Physios who care
At South Sefton Physio there are no Physio – Dinosaurs. All our physios continually update their skills keeping them great at what they do. Our physios are enthusiastic professionals that go the extra mile in supporting their families. We are committed to providing a high quality service that’s aims to improve the lives of the families in our care.
Meeting your needs
We do our best to provide you with what you are looking for. We offer flexible appointment times at a range of locations including our base at Good Shepherd, Special Schools, Nursery, Mainstream School and Home visits where indicated. We work closely with Professionals from Health , Education, Social and Voluntary care sectors, but most of all you.
Who do we see?
Primarily we see children with Neurodevelopmental problems and Neurodisability
This involves providing specialist physiotherapy treatment for children between 0 and 19 years with conditions such as Cerebral Palsy, Developmental Delay, Muscular Dystrophy, Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD) and other lifelong conditions.
We have experienced paediatric physiotherapists who can offer a variety of treatments options to children so that they can do as well as they possibly can. Paediatric physiotherapy can provide the following benefits:
- Improved function
- Improved balance
- Increased muscle strength
- Increased joint range of movement
- Progression of developmental milestones
- Normal movement re-education
- Regain independence
- Help to reduce contracture and deformity
There are a number of treatment options that will depend on a child’s functional ability and rehabilitation goals:
- Advice on Handling and Positioning
- Stretching exercises
- Muscle strengthening techniques
- Re-education of normal movement patterns
- Developing functional skills and independence
- Coordination and Balance training
- Hydrotherapy (a block of treatment may be offered when this is deemed to be your child’s primary mode of treatment)
Physiotherapy is an excellent way of maximising a child’s abilities and gaining a sense of independence. For more information on paediatric physiotherapy, please call our team on 0151 252 5729.
Our Commitment To You
South Sefton Community Paediatric Physios take great care in providing an exceptional standard of care to all our families.
- Always provide both families and staff with clear standards and expectations.
- Ensure every session reaches an appropriate conclusion.
- Ensure that all of our families receive services that are appropriate and responsive to their needs.
- Seek to provide our families with an efficient, seamless and friendly service.
- Provide clear and accurate advice and information
- Cater for your needs irrespective of, gender, physical ability, ethnic origin, race or religion.
- Provide a prompt, courteous and knowledgeable response to all enquiries.
- Equip and educate our staff to provide families with an excellent standard of service.
- Enable families to provide feedback easily, through complaints, customer surveys, etc.
- Use compliments, comments and complaints to drive improvements to our service.
- Respond to letters or complaints in line with Alder Hey’s Complaints Policy
- Ensure that if we can’t help we put you in contact with someone else who can.
- We want you to feel supported and receive treatment and advice in a safe and friendly environment.
- Work with you on solutions that will fit safely into your lifestyle, activities and health level.