We are the paediatric stoma nurses for Liverpool and surrounding areas, and we care and support children with varying types of stomas-colostomy, ileostomy, ACE, gastrostomy, and jejunostomy.
Our aim within the department is to provide a high quality service for children with stomas by recognising that the family is the constant in the child’s life and to provide the family with the skills and knowledge to support the child at home and where possible facilitate independent living.
The stoma care department consists of two part time stoma nurses – Pat Coldicutt who works Monday and Tuesday, and Brenda Hill who works Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Pre and post counselling
- Teaching and support to child and family with a newly formed stoma
- Specialist resource for all professional staff in the trust
- Teaching within the hospital to nursing staff
- Teaching at schools and nurseries
- Literature to assist the parents when at home
- 24 hour answer machine
- Resource for community staff to ask advice and seek help with treatments
To make an appointment to visit a stoma nurse, please call us on 0151 252 5541 or 0151 293 3683.
Please note we no longer run a drop-in clinic,