Transition Service at Alder Hey
The Endocrine Department has a robust transition arrangement with two Adult Units providing tertiary endocrine care at Royal Liverpool and Broad Green University Hospital and Aintree University Hospital.
A total of 34 clinics are held across three sites with 16 clinics at Alder Hey, 12 clinics at RLUBT and 4 clinics at Aintree Hospital, Two additional Transition Adult clinics are held at Aintree for patients in the Endocrine –Gynaecology service delivered by an adult/adolescent gynaecologist and adult endocrinologist.
Transition is established for following cohorts of patients
- Multiple pituitary hormone deficiency
- Endocrine-Gynaecology patients
- Neuroendocrine patients
Transition clinics for the following cohorts of patients are in the process of being established
- Calcium and metabolic bone disease
- Congenital Hyperinsulinemia
- Children born with disorder of sexual differentiation