In an emergency you can contact our team during the day or night – call these numbers for advice about managing diabetes when you are worried about illness, high blood glucose levels with ketones or hypoglycaemia or if you are unable to give/deliver insulin or measure blood glucose levels.
- Daytime (8am – 6pm) – 0151 252 5766
- Out of hours – 0151 228 4811. Ask for the diabetes out of hours on call service
You will be put through to the on-call member of the diabetes team. You may have to leave a message (we may be on another call or with a patient) but we will call you back within an hour.
After 10pm come directly to our Emergency Department if your blood glucose level is 14mmol/L or more and blood ketones are 1.5mmol/L or more.
Contacting us when it’s not an emergency
Diabetes Pathway Coordinator
- Ann Mason 0151 282 4518
- Sue Kerr 0151 252 5738
- Jonathon Mimnagh 0151 252 5131
- Anna Bradley 0151 252 5853
- Noala Bradshaw 0151 252 5381
- Kath Millar 0151 252 5249
- Keith Thornborough 0151 282 4747
- Francesca Annan 0151 252 5373
- Emma O’Sullivan 0151 228 4811 (Switchboard extension 3234)
- Dr Paul, Dr Ghatak and Dr Mehta (via Pathway Coordinator) 0151 282 4518
- Dr Anna Simmons and Dr Laura Nicholson 0151 252 5586
You can also email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries and for sending downloads from your pump or blood glucose meter to the team. We always try to reply to your email within three working days.