Dewi Jones Unit - Children's Mental Health Services
We’ve got a dedicated team of specialists who work with children and young people at the unit before and during a stay.
Every child will have a core team which is responsible for planning activities, writing care plans and giving support during a stay. A team normally consists of a senior clinician, one or two nurses, a healthcare worker and a support worker.
The Dewi Jones team includes senior clinicians, nursing professionals, therapists and teachers, as well as specialist staff within Alder Hey hospital departments.
- Dr Steve Earnshaw – Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist, MRC Psych
- Andrea O’Donnell – Nurse Consultant CAMHS, RNLD/ENB603, MSc CBT
- Dr Vivienne Crosbie – Clinical Psychologist, BSc Hons Psychology, DClin Psych
- Tanya Leonard – Child & Adolescent Psychotherapist, RMN
- Denise Swift – Systemic Family Therapist, RMN
- Lisa Geraghty – Social Worker
- Simon Nielson – Inpatient Manager, RMN
- Irene Kingshott –Team Coordinator, RSCN
- Leigh-Anne Lord –Team Coordinator, RMN
- Hannah Maddocks –Team Coordinator, RMN
- Anna Snelham – Teacher, B(ed)
- Debbie McConnell-Jones – Teacher, B(ed), MSc
- Jane Nolan – Teacher BA, PGCE (post 16)