The Department of Paediatric Dermatology at Alder Hey Children’s Hospital provides a Dermatological service for all children with both common and uncommon dermatology conditions.
We are a multidisciplinary team comprising of 3 Consultants, 1 specialty doctor, 1 Associate Specialist, 1 SPR, 1 Nurse specialist, 2 nurse practitioners, 1 staff nurse, 1 healthcare assistant.
The Dermatology Department is situated on Ward D3, providing outpatients clinics for assessment, diagnosis and treatment in a purpose built, child friendly unit which opened September 2011.
Specialist clinics include:
• Phototherapy (TL01 UVB)
• Iontophoresis (Hand, Foot, Axillae Hyperhidrosis)
• Hand & Foot PUVA (commonly for eczema and psoriasis)
• Wart/Verrucae treatment
• Viscopaste PB7 bandaging (commonly for eczema treatment)
• Topical short contact Dithranol treatment
• Roaccutane treatment (acne)
• Minor Surgery (biopsies, removal of lesions)
• Immunosuppresent drug monitoring
• Propanalol treatment ( Infantile haemangioma)
As a department we aim to provide holistic care to all patients, families and carers based upon the Alder Hey Values and Behaviour Framework. We provide services from 08:00-18:00, Monday to Friday, to offer flexibility to families and reduce the need for patients who require regular treatments to take time out of school.