Cleft Lip and Palate
Here you can find out more about the Cleft, Lip and Palette team.
Our consultants are:
- Simon van Eeden
- Chris Sweet
- Chris Penfold
Simon van Eeden
He completed undergraduate dental and medical training and post-graduate maxillofacial surgical training in South Africa. On moving to the UK he completed a further 4 years of higher surgical maxillofacial training on the Oxford training rotation culminating in a CCT in oral and maxillofacial surgery in 2006.
This was followed by a 2 year fellowship in cleft surgery as part of the North Thames cleft team at Great Ormond Street hospital and St Andrews hospital in Chelmsford completing this in 2008. Simon started as a consultant cleft and oral and maxillofacial surgeon at Alder Hey and Aintree University Hospitals in Liverpool in 2008.
His specialisms are cleft surgery and oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- Member of Craniofacial Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Fellow of British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow of European Association of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery
- Member of British Medical Association
Secretary on 0151 252 5209